The International Federation of Freight Forwarders Association is a non-governmental organization founded in 1926 representing the freight forwarding industry worldwide. FIATA has three main divisions, called institutes, covering air freight, customs facilitation and multimodal transport. Each has its own advisory body and working groups. In addition it has created the following documents to establish a uniform worldwide standard for freight forwarders:
- FIATA FBL Negotiable Multimodal Bill of Lading.
- FIATA FWB Non negotiable Multimodal Transport Waybill.
- FIATA FCR Forwarders Certificate of Receipt.
- FIATA FCT Forwarders Certificate of Transport.
- FIATA FWR Warehouse Receipt.
- FIATA SDT Shipper´s Declaration for the Transport of Dangerous goods.
- FIATA SIC Shippers Intermodal Weight Certificate.
- FIATA FFI Forwarding Instructions.